Sunday, January 9, 2022

It's Buda-ful here

Tuesday morning I went down to the parking garage before dawn with Kim and she sat on the tailgate to weight down the truck as we drove back out of the parking garage without destroying an overhead pipe.  With the truck secured I went to the Admin Offices in Mueller park for my day of operational reviews and Kim tried to go back to bed without waking the kids.  

There's literally never and easy day, but I get off early enough to go see our place in Buda before dark.  When I arrive it's dusk and Amelia and Henry are on their own.  The Barndo is straight out of a magazine.  Set in a field of lavender, the 2b/2b barn had a main open kitchen/dining/living area with floor to ceiling windows all around.  The two bedrooms had everything you could want or need...the owners were so meticulous.  

It was only a 5min drive from the south hospital, but far enough out to really feel lost.  Kim ran out for groceries so I sat there on the porch with Hannah running free and slowed my breathing for the first time in quite a while.  


This "Extended Staycation" we've embarked on has been a veritable buffet of housing options.  The dream of living on Franklin Dr. in San Marcos hasn't slipped away, but the whole search for anything at all has stalled and, regrettably, given space for alternate ideas. 


We lost the bid on the Thousand Oaks "fixer upper", but I've not lost the sense of wanting to live on property, in peace connected to nature.  Kim showed up a hero with a six-pack of beers and we sipped, played Uno and relaxed in the cool air.  Later in the week Andrew came by with Jordan and we all watched the sunset over the hill country from a bluff on onion creek.  I could get used to this...






No comments: