Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 12th, 2013 pt2

The approach into Quito is by far the most stunning I've seen.  The land looks rough, and makes you wonder how people settled this place.

I arranged for a driver to pick me up, and he was there with his wife waiting for me. I started to shake the rust off of my Spanish and did alright.  Friday night traffic was quite bad so the normal 1 hr drive took 2.5.

Andrew was in the kitchen checking mail when I walked in.  It's like I saw him yesterday. We caught up, had a couple coffees and we headed out for dinner.  Dinner was steak with mushroom sauce, fries and a salad.  Very Sudamericano typical, and great to wash down with a glass of vino tinto.

We closed out the night hanging with the other hostelers and sipping a bottle of wine that Andrew brought from Italy. He's already a hit with the staff and guests!  We hit the sack early and I was asleep before all the lights went out.

No comments: